The Inclusion Beer Project is a collaborative Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiative to bring about change in the brewing industry by creating a new and much needed culture of inclusion, starting with a commitment to form a DE&I committee. The hope is breweries, guilds and associations around the world will adopt a structure for having the hard conversations, and for turning those discussions into meaningful change.
Participants are asked to make a commitment, set tangibles goals, and use the Inclusion Beer Project as a source of inspiration and support, and most significantly, as a vehicle for public proclamation. Stating goals and intentions is a powerful motivator for enacting change -- use your Inclusion beer release to set a bar.
Resources on the way include a step-by-step guide for forming a DE&I program. Inclusion assets and label designs are accessible upon sign up, and for use whenever your brewery is ready to issue a release that spotlights your DE&I commitment.
Goals for Inclusion
- Help breweries & guilds form DE&I groups.
- Create safe spaces for serious and difficult conversations.
- Support, collaborate and share meaningful efforts around DE&I.
- DE&I becomes a permanent part of the brewing industry's culture.
How To Participate
- Commit to forming a DE&I group within your organization
- Get notified as DE&I resources come online
- Access Inclusion assets now & use an Inclusion release to mark your commitment or a DE&I milestone you set
- Make any beer you want
- Use new ingredients or techniques -- get out of your comfort zone!
- Bonus: Collaborate with someone you know who can support your DE&I efforts, or who you can support
- Optional: Fundraise for a DE&I cause or nonprofit impacting your community
- On brew day, hold a DE&I meeting with your team, and lay out tangible goals
- Proclaim these goals on cans, social, your website
- Commit to the change!